rhileebonkers

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Race for Life Update


Okay, first let me start by saying Thanks to this man, my Dad, who was a big part of the inspiration for me doing this today - will never stop loving you. I am pretty sure he would have been proud of not just his wife and daughters but everyone who ran today.

A fantastic day where we grieved together and celebrated life together at the same time - If you have never done it - sign up for next year.



The Gang from Elim Chelmsford - at least those who we managed to catch up with -

Me, Margaret,Hannah, Pat, Jo, Helen & Mum.



The 'Hutchinson Originals' - not the mafia but a Mum I am very proud of - doing this at 70 is such an achievement - also very proud of my sister who has fought back against Diabetes and could now probably give Kelly Holmes a run for her money!!!








I think Pat may have been worried about how many hours she would have to wait for me at the finish line :)












Helen Tween - what can I say??
What a wonderfull woman and a great friend. There are not many who you can laugh and cry with. She is one of God's Crown Jewels who can make you smile and giggle so easilly. From a rather un-cordinated verson of Y M C A - I was too short to see the aerobics instructor - that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!!! To a fantastic person to walk alongside - a very diplomatic answer to my
"Am I as red as a beetroot?"
"No - just a little Rosie!" - true friendship - Thanks Helen.

This will give you an idea of the crowds involved. 6000 women joining in I came 5,999th - not quite - but a fairly respectable 1 hour 6 mins. A great day - Well Done to anyone else who joined in - when does the training start for next year - I think I may have a deal on with Helen - either we both have to be a size 10 or we both walk round in diving suits - I can't quite remember!!! :))


6 Comments:

  • At 5:00 AM, Blogger SarahB said…

    Congratulations, Rhi. I was thinking and praying for you all. I can imagine it was a lively group...

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Helen said…

    Rhi it was an absoloute joy to do this with you, it was a real laugh, well what can I say about such lovely words from you, I am truly stuck for words, thankyou.

    As for diving suits or weight loss for next year - I'm gonna try for.....diving suit!
    Ok we have a year to lose some weight....again!!!!

    perhaps we'll run it, ok perhaps a bit ambitious!

    Bless you matey!

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Penelope said…

    You all did a fantastic job! Congratulations to you all!!
    Pen xx

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done all of you.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was me Nicole. I'm not anonymous

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was me Nicole. I'm not anonymous

     

Post a Comment

<< Home