rhileebonkers

Saturday, February 05, 2005

The Anthem!!

Okay just thought of something spiritual (ish)
Rugby Game currently on - Wales v England - always a matter of some dispute in our household and I am not really that bothered about Rugby but there you go.
Anyway - I take a minute from the new joys of blogging to go into the lounge where Darren and Dave are sitting chatting through their national anthem at the start of the game!! I suggest(rather loudly) that they should stand and show due respect and patriotism for their country but they refrain - much to my disgust - even if it is for England.
Anyway, then the Welsh anthem comes on and I suggest (again rather loudly) that Mum comes and joins me - which she dutifully does. We then stand, shoulder to shoulder, hands on our hearts, Mum sings and I hum loudly (as I can't sing in Welsh - come to think of it I'm not that better in English) to our anthem.
My point - if we are so passionate about our homeland, despite the Rugby score - whatever it may be - how much more should we stand and sing for God, hand on heart. I may only make a joyfully noise (not a tunefull one) but I shall think on next time I am in worship!!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Penelope said…

    Hi!!
    Great to see you've joined the other Elim bloggers!
    You're blog's made me laugh already - so I'll look forward to reading more!
    Be blessed!!!
    Pen x :-)

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Penelope said…

    Thought I'd better correct my spelling (before I get a reputation for being a dumb blonde - or something like that!)
    I meant to say Your blog (not you're).... Silly me!
    Pen

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger PatK said…

    Watch out, Rhi - if the Penster has found you, you'll be getting visits from all sorts of people...!

    By the way, John wanted to walk when he got in tonight, so I did another one, this time getting into "the zone" - got it down to 38 minutes - not bad, eh?

    Have a great week

    Pat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home