rhileebonkers

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

London in the Fog

This morning I caught a few minutes of Breakfast TV in which they were discussing Monet's art and in particlar 'The Thames below Westminster'. I very proudly ran and grabbed my copy of this picture from the wall in my office to show Mum saying "I've got that!". Now before you all think I am a wonderfull art conessiuer, I am not, it's just that Pat, Mum and I had a lovely day in London last year and visitinted the National Gallery while were - up there - don't we sound cultured. Anyway the picture I bought was a £3.50 postcard version of at least somebody I had heard of! Anyway, my point is that this is that the picture look like a rather smudgy pastel picyure of Big Ben, the Thames and a few boats yet it is considered a masterpiece, the pastel smudges being seen as 'fog'.
I got to thinking how many times Reece or Chantal have done a piece of artwork and it has been proudly displayed on the fridge as one of their 'masterpieces'.
How much more will God see the life we lead, even if we are unhappy with our own 'smudgy edges' and unfinished business, words not said or deeds not done as a very proud Dad looking at his children's Masterpieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home