rhileebonkers

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Hubby Smiley Charts :)

2 posts in one day – what is the world coming to??
I must be a bulimic blogger or something.

Anyway, this thought came to me a few weeks ago and, being blonde, took a few weeks for me to figure out my plan.

Being a big fan of Super Nanny and the such and having reward charts up for the kids thought maybe I ought to draw one up for Darren to positively encourage him in good forms of behaviour etc – my chart is as follows:

Putting on a laundry load when asked = plus 1 smiley
Noticing a laundry load needs doing and putting it on without being asked = plus 2 smileys
Not putting laundry load on when asked and opting to watch Top Gear instead = minus 3 smileys


Noticing we need milk, buying it on way home and ringing to check anything else required = plus 2 smileys
Using last drop of milk for early breakfast so everyone else is forced to have toast and black tea = Minus 3 smileys

Offering to swap cars because you need to use the bigger car next day = plus 2 smileys
Leaving said offered car with enough petrol fumes to just about get you to the end of the road = Minus 3 smileys

Offering to make you a meal because you have had a bad day = plus 2 smileys
Forgetting to make a meal, offering a take away and then making you go out and get it = Minus 3 smileys

Buying you underwear which you are rarely likely to use (apart from in his dreams) for your birthday = Minus 2 smileys
Giving you £50 and the route to Lakeside for the day = Plus 3 smileys

Offering to look after kids for the day – Plus 2 smileys
Ringing you after an hour on the verge of killing one or both of the children = Minus 3 smileys

Offering to cook a meal for you both to have friends round for a night – plus 2 smileys
Finding out said meal is a barbeque and you will be preparing salad, crisps, rolls, sauces, drinks, plates, cutlery, napkins and dessert while he cremates 6 sausages = Minus 3 points

Anyway – I’m sure some of you other wives have some other ideas to add to the chart should your loved ones be behaving anything less than perfect. I think I may have to submit this to Family Ministries at Church for inclusion in Marriage enrichment course or similar!!!

P.S.
I am sure many of you are wondering what will be Darren’s reward if he gets his target number of smileys??? Will let you know when he gets there – so far the chart has been up for 14 years!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Helen said…

    Rhi, I have been laughing to myself all day about this post, love to see Darrens face when he reads it!!

    Oh and I love the shoes!

    see ya matey!

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Helen said…

    I'm putting on another comment as my last one doesn't seem to show on your blog!

    Great post Rhi!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home